|Follow this link for original.|
I came across this recipe on a few blogs/social networks and wanted to have a go for the longest time... I thought it would make the perfect Working Bite. Anyway the last few weeks we have been enjoying this combo on the evenings when I have been most busy with work and it is delicious and so, so simple.
I refined it a little so here you go;
Recipe: Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Guacamole
Serves: as 1 or more.
- 1-2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 4 rashers of unsmoked back bacon
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Wash the skins of the sweet potatoes and place into a saucepan. Cover with water and put on the lid. Boil for 20 minutes at a gentle heat.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and bake for 20-30 minutes (until they are soft centred).
- Roughly chop the bacon and fry or bake until crispy.
- Using a spoon blend the soft avocado flesh into a bowl, until you get the desired texture you prefer your Guacamole to be (you can add other bits at this stage if you prefer, like tomatoes).
- When the potatoes are ready place them on your plate and using your fork cut open the soft flesh and mash it if you wish.
- Spoon on the Guacamole and bacon.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
Let me know what you think if you try it.
Have a wonderful day... Sara x
Don't forget to sign up to the newsletter for weekly updates , or follow the blog on BlogLovin'. Show us what you are making over in our Facebook Group!